Udo Island is located off the East coast of Jeju Island. It is called Udo because its shape resembles that of a cow that is lying down or sticking out its head. There are about 700 houses and 1800 residents who live off farming and fishing.
Udo has several interesting places to visit:
- Udo Museum,
- coral sand beach (the only one in Korea),
- black sand beach, which can be blinking with gold and green colors in sunny weather,
- several seaside caves, most of them can be entered during the low tide,
- ancient smoke signal station,
- you can also hike to Udo crater.
A lighthouse at the entrance to Udo port.
A fishing boat on Udo
A seaside cave, which can be entered only in low tide.젨
Colorful wall pictures in a small port of Udo.
Ancient smoke signal station.
Coral sand beach (the only one in Korea)
Two yellow lighthouses which can be observed leaving Seongsan Port for Udo Island.
All the pictures were taken by Victor during the tour with Jeju MBC.
You can get to Udo by ferry from젨Seongsan Port, it takes only 15 min. The ferry departs toward Udo Island every hour from Seongsan Port (tel: 064-782-5671).